Recieving email page but with no content...

GasGasOhlins 06:44 07 Dec 06

Last night my emails arrived with only the opening page and no content pictures or text...no attachments present either.
I`m using Outlook Express and AVG anti virus email scanner....I have absolutely no idea what the problem is even after checking through the Help section of O.E.

Anyone here have an idea as to what the problem might be??
Thanks...

Technotiger 07:38 07 Dec 06

Hi, could possibly be a pending Spam attack - I would advise you to run any/or all anti-spam/spyware etc software that you have.

Technotiger 07:41 07 Dec 06
  GasGasOhlins 07:52 07 Dec 06

Good morning... :)

I have AVG running constantly scanning my emails(and always have had)..this is the first time that I am receiving nothing at all...even from friends...what I would say is that this last month or so I have been getting spam(the sort that starts with random letters as the sender) which I transfered(without opening)into my deleted box which I in turn then used Block Sender in every case.

Like I say,I have the up to date AVG running(Januarys edition) and it has never done this before....could it be OE itself corrupted??....

I just don`t know!!

:)

Technotiger 08:29 07 Dec 06

Hi, the trouble is, nobody really knows - but I would certainly not just rely on AVG on it's own, to keep your pc clean. IMHO one needs at least one AVG, AdAware, Mailwasher and perhaps another anti-spam program - along with of course a good Firewall.

As regards your immediate problem, I am only making what may be called an 'intelligent guess'.

No doubt others here will add there thoughts too.

Cheers.

Technotiger 08:30 07 Dec 06

Hmmm, *their* thoughts ...

Graham. 08:37 07 Dec 06

Send an email to yourself to compare.

GasGasOhlins 09:36 07 Dec 06

Thanks for that..I have indeed sent myself a PDF document which was not included when I opened it....

I`ll download mailwasher and give it a go...I can`t think what else to do after all it was working yesterday and now it is not!!

Technotiger 09:37 07 Dec 06

If all else fails - try a System Restore back to when it was all ok.

GasGasOhlins 12:22 07 Dec 06

Thanks to all for responding.....I appreciate it....

System Restore worked....(why did`nt I think of that...its not like I don`t know about S/Restore!!!!)

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017