Rechargable Batteries for Digital Camera

I have just purchased a Kodak CX4230 digital camera and Docking station. What are the best type of rechargable batteries I should buy? and where is the best place to buy?

mark e 13:38 06 Oct 03

what type does the manual recomend, I use Panasonic High Power in mine.

Totally-braindead 13:40 06 Oct 03

Assuming this camera uses standard AA batteries I would buy NIMH batteries rather than NICADs as they last a lot longer. As I'm sure you know digital cameras use a lot of power, I'd also buy 2 sets of batteries so you always have a spare set. click here have a good selection of batteries and chargers at a very good price so I'd look there. They also have deals such as buy a charger and a set of batteries and get another set free, well worth a look.
PS go for the higher capacity batteries if they have them 1800 or 2000 Mah batteries.

Mark e - I havn't received the camera yet, just ordered today from Dabs, who don't do much in the way of batteries. I want to buy some batteries for when I get the camera. Should I wait to see what Kodak recomend?

24seven 13:49 06 Oct 03

Have you looked up the users manual for the camera via the Kodak website?

It will be a .pdf file of the actual one in the box and may mention it in there.

Totally=braindead - Does the camera docking station recharge this type of battery

vibrant 14:16 06 Oct 03

if this works it will tell you all.
click here

vibrant 14:25 06 Oct 03

Try here click here
your camera is listed

Stuartli 15:35 06 Oct 03

Dixons has a very good offer on its own brand rechargeable NiMH batteries at the moment at under £10 for eight 1800Mh types.

CPC in Preston sells a quick charge NiMH battery charger with both mains and car leads for £11.75 including VAT (click here), which is about half the usual price for such a charger.

You need a battery charger suitable for NiMH as well as NiCad rechargeables, as earlier NiCad ones cannot be used.

I've been dealing with CPC since the 1960s - it's now been part of the vast Farnall Group for many years and sells an almost overwhelming range of products to both the trade and public.

These include genuine spare parts for major TV, video and electronics manufacturers' products; a vast choice of computer systems, hardware, software, components etc and even vehicle accessories....

Stuartli 15:40 06 Oct 03

Top NiMH batteries capacity is now 2200Mh but they are not cheap at present.

I've found the Dixons batteries last well in my Minolta Dimage E203, which uses two of them, with a spare charged up set being kept in the case for emergencies.

The Sack 15:50 06 Oct 03

Uniross make a 2300mAh NiMH 4 for under a tenner click here

You can also get 8 2100mAh ones for a tenner click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…