Recently visited web sites......

sid_or_joe 20:20 04 Jun 03

When I use the drop down menu at the right of the URL address bar there is no sites listed. They are re-set every time I reboot my machine.

Can anyone please tell me how to change this so I can see the recently visited URL's.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Gaz 25 20:26 04 Jun 03

May be you have something like MRU Blaster stopping it from working, or try a IE Re-install.

Jomi 20:34 04 Jun 03

Open internet explorer, go to tools/internet options and look for the 'clear history' button.
If it's set to zero change it to the number of days you would like.

User-312386 22:11 04 Jun 03

here is what to do

Go to tools>internet options>content tab

now click on Autocomplete Tab and now tick all the boxes

this will enable auto complete for you

sid_or_joe 12:34 05 Jun 03

Many thanks but it does autocomplete now.... all boxes ae checked.The problem is no url addresses in the dropdown menu after powering down.

Regards Sid

DieSse 12:50 05 Jun 03

The History List controls this - as Jomi posted above, check that it's not set to zero days.

Gaz 25 16:16 05 Jun 03

It sounds like it is being wiped on power down.

The Spires 16:20 05 Jun 03

sid_or_joe, do you have any programs that may clear the history, some Pop-up stoppers also do that by default.

sid_or_joe 20:19 05 Jun 03

DieSse..... No, the history list is set to 20 days. Just to be sure I changed it to 25 and still the same.

Gaz25..... Yes, as soon as the power goes so does all the recent web site addresses.

The Spires...... No, not that I can see. If I check the history by clicking the icon or via windows explorer all sites visited for the past 3 weeks are there.

User-312386 22:32 05 Jun 03

do you have system mechanic by any chance?

sid_or_joe 22:43 05 Jun 03

madboy...... No, I don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…