Recently recovered Windows 98 SE Vaio (broadband).

bszelda 05:15 20 Oct 07

And I can't seem to get my AOL program to connect with broadband. Before the recovery, I was easily able to connect any time but now I can't connect at all. I can't even connect to dial-up since I'm not registered for that service. I completely formatted my Windows 98 Sony Vaoi desktop computer and after I installed the AOL software, I have been trying to get it connected. Can anyone help? .....

ambra4 20:17 20 Oct 07

Have you reinstall all the drivers for the Sony Vaio

Go to the Sony site

Download the entire listed driver on the site for your model #

Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities this is the best area to start you will need to login top right hand corner before you can access the drivers download page

You will need the product code and the serial # which you will find on the bottom of the laptop

click here

Ashrich 23:38 20 Oct 07

Do you mean that you can connect to your broadband but AOL can't find it , or your laptop cannot connect to your broadband ? How do you connect , via a router or USB modem ? .

Ashley

bszelda 00:12 21 Oct 07

No, I meant that I can't get any broadband connection to show up on AOL. I have AOL installed and a ethernet cable plugged in, but it says that it can't find a broadband connection when everything is connected to my wireless router. Everything worked before the recovery, but now it won't work even though I'm using the same settings on the same computer and everything. I can get a dialup connection but AOL won't let me use it since I'm "not signed up for dialup."

Also, I'm using a different computer to be on this site and post since my "problem" computer won't let me get online...:P

Ashrich 01:12 21 Oct 07

I think , although I am not an AOL user , that there is a section in the AOL software where you can tell t where to " look " for an Internet connection , I suppose you are using the correct version for 98se ( if there is one ! ) What about doing this ( from an AOL Uk page .

Reset the connection locations

Resetting the connection locations requires several steps. It is recommended that you print this message for your reference.

1. Close the AOL software.
2. Right-click the AOL icon in your Windows system tray (at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen, next to your PC's clock).
3. Select System Information, then click Connectivity in the left-hand column.
4. Click Reset Locations.
5. Click Yes, reset to confirm, then click OK.
6. Close the System Information window and restart your PC.
7. Start AOL and click Sign On to try to connect again.

Maybe that will help .

Ashley

bszelda 04:26 21 Oct 07

hmmm....I'll try that. Thanks for the replies. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5