recent nvidea driver upgrade?

dfghjkl 22:16 17 Dec 03

hello,i notice that there is a driver update (dec 9th i think)for nvidea cards,does anyone know if it is worth it?i downloaded the last one last month but have yet to install it,i will just skip it if i get the new one.also will the new driver wipe out the old one ?or will i have to delete it in add and remove programmes before i install the new one?(win xp pro,2500+ amd,kt4,30+40 hd,mx440 64mb)thanks

Diodorus Siculus 22:20 17 Dec 03

I don't know if there is any value in installing the new drivers, but do know that if you are updating the drivers, then it is best to uninstall the old ones first via add/remove programs.

dfghjkl 22:46 17 Dec 03

thanks for your quick reply

citadel 22:54 17 Dec 03

guru3d.com has a nvidia driver forum with everything there is to know about drivers.

Chegs ® 02:18 18 Dec 03

If its off M$ Updates,don't get it.I have had three new drivers off latest Updates page,and each crashes my puter.(although the main cause turned out to be clusters)I returned to Updates tuesday morning,installed Nvidia driver,puter rebooted with error.Rebooted after installing 53.03 over the top,and puter has behaved since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…