Recent [Gaming] Networking Problems

chedder21 00:03 28 Jul 09

Hi all,

Recently (last week in fact) i have been suffering from network problems that seem to be annoying me quite a lot.

I have a Netgear DG834GT on Tiscali.

I have had no problems for the last few months with connecting 2 computers and 2 xboxs at the same time except from 1 xbox having open nat and the other on moderate but that doesn't really bother me much. (my brothers xbox also).

Since last week my xbox hasn't been directly connecting to LIVE. I have to turn my xbox on then computer on, connect it (PC) to the internet and then disconnect it and reboot my xbox and then it connects. Why has this suddenly started now?

Also i downloaded Skype and AIM like 2-1 week(s) ago (maybe something to do with that).

My network in unsecure and has been unsecure for years and never had a problem with it.

Now over the past couple of days both xbox's have gone weird. Last night i was playing Call Of Duty fine with my bro online (in the other room) and then i swap games for gears of war 2, one i haven't played in a few months and i update it and over about 10 minutes 2 pcs and xbox's disconnect (not all at the same time, over a period of 10 minutes).

Why is this and whats to do with it? What can i do?

ashleycardwell94 23:37 09 Sep 09

if you are using a wireless router, make sure that you have got the setting"always on connection" selected. some wireless devices have no host names - on coputers, it is the computer name, it might think that it doesnt need access to the internet but when you access the internet with the computer it opens up the connection and so allow the device to use the internet because it is using traffic . it might be this or something else but try it out,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac