Recent Folder Error: %USERNAME%/Recent/

Modumus Prime 16:45 21 Sep 05

Trying to uninstall Norton Firewall & install Symantec Firewall but getting errors on both:

"Network Error: Cannot Find %USERNAME%/Recent/."

It looks like it can find the Recent Folder under my current Username but if i go to Run and type in: %USERNAME%/Recent/. its displays the folder no probelms.

I'm totally stuck at what to try, i'm thinking about doing an XP Repair or installing the program in Safe-Mode but not sure if this will sort the problem.

Any help or advice!!!

woodchip 16:50 21 Sep 05

I cannot understand you as Both are Norton

woodchip 16:51 21 Sep 05

If you want to put the clock back run restore

Modumus Prime 16:54 21 Sep 05

Sorry that was my fault, i want to install Sygate Firewall.

I have System Restore disabled as its crap for restoring spyware, etc that spybot remove.

Is there another way to do the restore your talking about or are my Windows components a bit buggered, thus will be sorted by a Repair via the XP Recovery CD?

woodchip 17:02 21 Sep 05

Looks like they are clogged at the moment. I would first try to remove the last one you tried to install if it's not there then Reload Norton then Go to the Norton Site and get a Uninstaller for the program. Badly written software does the above. If you still have problems after, come back hear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…