Recent Documents

Tazfan 22:48 28 Mar 07

How does one stop recent documents showing in Office? I dont want everyone who opens Word etc, to be able to see what I have been working on. Im sure I have read of a way to stop Recent Docs showing.
Any help would be appreciated.
As always, thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

T:-)

lotvic 23:12 28 Mar 07

In Word: Tools > Options > General and remove tick for 'Recently used file list'

Also don't forget that they will show up in Start > All Programs > My recent documents
you can remove them (it's just the shortcut you will be removing) by individually right clicking on each one and then choose 'delete' for each one in turn.

If you wanted you could clear by right clicking on Taskbar > Start Menu > customize and 'Clear List' of Recent documents.

hope this helps.

Woolwell 23:15 28 Mar 07

Word 2003 - Tools - Options - General Tab - Recently used file list - untick or set to 0.

Woolwell 23:15 28 Mar 07

lotvic types faster!

Woolwell 23:19 28 Mar 07

You can remove entries into recent documents by a registry change
click here

lotvic 23:41 28 Mar 07

that's a useful regedit, many thanks

Tazfan 10:49 29 Mar 07

Sorted as expected.
Many thanks guys, its appreciated.
The Reg Edit is handy too, thank you Woolwell.

Tazfan 10:54 29 Mar 07

Just been into the big hairy monster that is my Registry, and the change isnt as straight forward as I would like, so I am leaving that one well alone. If it was a simple change of exsisting Data, I would do it, but actually adding things is beyond my remit so I am shying away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…