Recent AOL broadband update

giggsy 19:26 02 Feb 05

I received an email from AOL a few weeks ago now telling me that I would soon be asked to download updated drivers to improve my connection.
I've installed them and my connection is fine.
However, when I boot up my pc, I get the password screen to log you into windows appearing (I'm using Windows 98SE btw). I've never had this screen before. How do I get rid of the blasted thing?! Thanks guys.

CurlyWhirly 16:47 03 Feb 05

I had a similar problem with this new 'update' see my recent PCA thread click here

I have now got rid of the damn thing with an XP repair as I have the Retail version of Windows XP.
I eventually suffered a slowdown, but since reinstalling my original BT Voyager 100 modem drivers, everything is great again!

Diemmess 16:55 03 Feb 05

There is an easy registry fix for Win98 and its password, though sadly I don't know it!

Perhaps one of those encylopaedic brains out there can give you a link.

mattyc_92 16:58 03 Feb 05

If you wish to remove the password prompt... Then just go onto the "control pannel" and remove ALL the "network" connections apart from your modem and any network you have added.. This solved these sort of problems for me when I was running Win98 SE...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009