Receiving a fax on the computer

rins36 21:47 28 Apr 03

Tonight i got the fax console icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, the fax clicked in and i got the following message:

fax answered, but error occured whilst receiving fax

Thanks in advance for any advice

pj123 22:41 28 Apr 03

Why not try click here for £23 a year you get an exclusive telephone number and all faxes go into your email inbox. I used to use the way you described but it meant having the computer switched on all the time. I now use Trinite and get my faxes whether my computer is on or off.

woodchip 22:46 28 Apr 03

Fax Manager should be running if you are expecting one

rins36 23:10 28 Apr 03

pj123

Whilst i agree with what u are saying, I am not prepared to pay for an exclusive telephone number to enable the receipt of faxes to the comp

Thanks for the advice

rins36 23:12 28 Apr 03

woodchip

I was not expecting a fax, so not sure if fax console is configured correctly hence my posting etc

woodchip 23:15 28 Apr 03

I use Cheyenne BitWare and the Receive Manager as to be running as a background program for it to work

woodchip 23:18 28 Apr 03

PS when the pop up shows you have a fax. You should be able to double click it for the program to work

DieSse 23:34 28 Apr 03

It's difficult to comment about your setup, as it's not clear what "fax console" is - can you explain further - what OS - what fax program - how you've currently configured it, please.

Perhaps you did get a fax in and there was a genuine error in the reception - why do you think there might not have been?

rins36 19:43 29 Apr 03

DieSse

I use winxp on a hp computer, not sure wht the fax prog is as I normally send a fax from the home phone/fax, but seeing as the pc can send & receive it seems the easy option to use

rins36 22:29 02 May 03

I have use every option that I can think of to solve this, advice needed along with a reply from
DieSse in reply to his/her posting 28.04.03

Thanks in advance

DieSse 22:40 02 May 03

"I have use every option that I can think of to solve this"

To solve what exactly - one failed fax receipt? - or are you trying to get the fax program working - without knowing what program it is, it's difficult to be of help.

When you try to send a fax - how do you do so?

If your objective is to receive faxes on the computer - a good bet is to see if click here have still got their free fax-to-email conversion service going - it's far superior to having to have your system switched on all the time - but since you've got a fax machine anyway - why would you want to do this?

Sending faxes direct from the system is another matter, and very useful - hence my question about how are you setting about to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5