Receivin' reported error (0x800CCC92)

piggsfly 18:33 08 Aug 08

I bought a Dell Inspiron 530 with Vista. I loaded all programs and transferred files via Easy Transfer cable.
Problem is with Outlook 2003. works fine on my login, but on my wifes login I get this message:
Task '(POP3) - Receiving'reported error(0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR incorrect password or account name'
We use the same account and login, just different contact lists. Tried everything I can think of.
HELP

LAP 19:06 08 Aug 08

Had similar problem. To start with I would not do anything. I left mine for 12/24hours it sorted itself out.

LAP 19:13 08 Aug 08

This might be worth a read click here

piggsfly 19:31 08 Aug 08

I'll give it a try.
Did you leave it up and running or shutdown ???
I've even tried deleting and reloading Outlook on her login, changed everything. Same message, but I at least got her .pst file back and her contacts list.

LAP 09:38 09 Aug 08

We shut our Computers down each night.

piggsfly 14:12 09 Aug 08

We shut ours off as well.
Left it off overnight and still ahve same issue. Also discovered that the transfer only imported her archived e-mail messages and not the current ones.
Anyone have another idea ???

piggsfly 23:50 10 Aug 08

Didn't work, still getting error message

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…