Received someone else`s e-mail.

alan K 16:54 04 Apr 03

today I received an e-mail for someone else; different name,country and ISP.
How?

he he :-)™ 17:09 04 Apr 03

maybe they put in your email address.

DieSse 17:44 04 Apr 03

You are probably on the Blind Copy list - lots of spammers and legitimate users use blind copy distribution - it stops recipients seeing all the other email addresses.

€dstow 18:14 04 Apr 03

Don't respond to it - it could well be a scam to obtain "live" addresses.

€d

Andsome 19:06 04 Apr 03

The only time that this has happened to me, (probably half a dozen times in as many years), has been from users of freeserve. I have also sent the very occasional e-mail which has arrived with a freeserve user in error.

anchor 09:39 05 Apr 03
  anchor 09:43 05 Apr 03
  Andsome 10:48 06 Apr 03

The silly thing about this, is that I am not with freeserve, I use NTL broadband. Freeserve obviously have problems. Quite a few of my e-mails to my brother in law, bannister22 have ended up with a woman with a completely different name. It ended up with her deciding to change her e-mail address.

alan K 14:07 06 Apr 03

Andsome and all other responders.
Thanks for everyone that as replied; interestingly I`m on NTL broadband, like Andsome.
My question originally was trying to establish how I could rec e-mails that were not addressed to me?

crx16 14:38 06 Apr 03

with freeserve your account is evertything that comes after the @ , so in the example bloggs.freesereve.co.uk is the account.nobody else will have that.

it doesnt matter what comes before the @ ,this way everyone in your family/houshold can have an email address on your account eg, mum@, daughter@

when setting up OE you enter your account details,check and you'll see its everything after the @.

crx16 14:46 06 Apr 03

more likely with freeserve is that as well as bloggs.freeserve.co.uk there may be a bloggs.fsnet.co.uk or bloggs.fsmail.co.uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…