Receive not Send

ol blueeyes 15:25 12 Apr 09

My Daughter who runs XP Home Edition and using Outlook Express is able to receive E:Mails but not send.
Some time ago I had the same problem using Vista with Outlook to get over it I used the Repair option in MS Office 2007

Her Outlook Express came on her original XP Home Installation Disc.
but I cannot find a Repair option.
Can anyone help her please.
She has tried all the usual thing like System Restore etc etc...

rawprawn 15:57 12 Apr 09

Is she using BTinternet? if so she needs to tick Outgoing Server Requires Authentication.

ol blueeyes 16:00 12 Apr 09

No she is using Virgin Cable Broadband

ol blueeyes 16:01 12 Apr 09

I should have added she has been using virgin for some 12/14 months and had no problem this has started over the last couple of days

rawprawn 16:43 12 Apr 09

Run a System File Check, go to Start> Run> Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. (Watch the space between sfc and /) She will need her XP CD.

Andsome 16:49 12 Apr 09

It may be best to reconfigure the e mail account in Outlook Express. Delete the old account and enter the password and e mail address again following the on screen instructions. On Virgin this is all that you need to do. For incoming mail enter pop.ntlworld.com, if you originally had NTL or check to see what was entered if she had Virgin.net or Telewest. For outgoing mail enter smtp followed by whatever was on there before. This will usually correct things. If this is not successful phone the help line.

rawprawn 16:58 12 Apr 09

Just to say I suggested sfc which is the way to Repair OE which is part of IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…