receive emails but cannot send

bbmf474 11:31 AM 09 Feb 13

can receive email but cant send Get message - cannot send message using the server david martin The sender address was rejected by server Have tried connection doctor and its say it connects ok I use an Imac Any help will be gratefully received thanks

chub_tor 11:47 AM 09 Feb 13

Here is the Orange support page it shows all the settings including the Port numbers. Check if that is what your email is set to and if not click on the Related Articles link to the far right.

bbmf474 09:57 AM 10 Feb 13

dear chub_tor I have visited the page and found nothing obviously wrong There is a place where the account can be deleted (-) and then added (+) Is this an option? Thanks

Jollyjohn 10:08 AM 10 Feb 13

Can you send a message to yourself?

You could try deleting the account and setting it up again, this sometimes helps.

Double check all info, checking for typo's, a missed . or similar can cause problems.

bbmf474 10:32 AM 10 Feb 13

jolly john I cannot send ab email to anyone! However I can send emails using my account on the orange site Is this a clue? thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:32 AM 10 Feb 13

heck your email settings for orange here

If outgiong is the problem pay attention to the SMTP settings and port

bbmf474 12:04 PM 10 Feb 13

Thanks to all those who replied. I deleted the account and set it up again Fo some unaccountable reason an address ending in .net should have ended (I checked using my laptop settings! I am at a complete loss how this was changed, but I am now back on line Thanks once again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know