receive email notification

highside 17:17 21 Sep 08

Help please, How / can I set up automatic notification of an email being received while connected to the internet but not actually in Mail.
Windows Vista / windows Mail
Thanks.

Pineman100 17:53 21 Sep 08

I don't use Windows Mail under Vista - I run Outlook under XP, so what follows may or may not be correct.

A read receipt is an email like any other. So you need to tell Windows Mail to inform you (by playing a sound) whenever you receive a new email.

Once I've started my computer and run Outlook for the first time, it will do this whether it is actually open or not (always assuming that you have a broadband 'always on' connection to the inernet). I can't primise that Mail will do the same, but it's worth trying.

brundle 18:26 21 Sep 08

You could try this click here if you don't object to having Mail open itself. I've used this for a long time click here - the only downside is that bits of the interface flicker rather badly in Vista, not really an issue if you just use it to monitor for new mail.

highside 14:23 24 Sep 08

Thanks to all.

Technotiger 16:05 24 Sep 08

Or you could use click here where you have a choice of Notifiers, with Sound. I, and all my relatives and friends use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced