Receipts for Emails.

Sheila-214876 22:19 15 Jan 04

I sometimes get emails asking me to click Yes or No to say I have read the email. As they are from people I know I always click Yes. If I want to set that facility up myself, where is it please. I have tried Tools, Options but I can't see it. I am using OE 5 so maybe it isn't available for OE 5.

Pesala 22:30 15 Jan 04

Request receipts for all sent messages. OE5

Belatucadrus 22:30 15 Jan 04

It should be in Tools, Options, Receipts, then tick the box next to "Request a read receipt for all sent messages"

If it isn't there try MSGTAG click here

VoG II 22:32 15 Jan 04

Be aware that some (not me) get irritated by this and click "No".

AndyJ 23:06 15 Jan 04

I personally use MSGTag click here

It's excellent. You cab either download the basic free version or upgrade for more functionality

Sheila-214876 23:22 15 Jan 04

Thanks guys, will give it a try. VoG, understood.

Sheila-214876 10:48 16 Jan 04

Sorry, I don't have Receipts in Tools Options.
Does that mean it doesn't work in OE5?

Chegs ® 12:43 16 Jan 04

If you dont have the option in OE,then simply download MSGTAG.I used "Reciepts" in OE,but then gave MSGTAG a go,as it sends a message to my Hotmail addy to say the OE email has been read.(although,as VoG states,some folk click no...me included :-) just cos the options there)

Pesala 16:48 16 Jan 04

Please check your version number on the Help, About menu: click here

This is the Tools, Options, Receipts tab: click here

Sheila-214876 16:51 16 Jan 04

No, I don't want to download msgtag. I have another computer running OE6 which does have Receipts in Tools, Options. So it looks like I need oe6 on the other computer that is running OE5

AubreyS 17:08 16 Jan 04

If you click no, the sender will get a message to say you did just that. So they will get their confirmation no matter what.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…