Recebt rebuilt - now frequent 'recovered from...'

jack 12:10 08 Mar 08

Fatal Error blue screen.
A new hard drive and re install XP Pro from disk
reloaded programs from scratch.
I am getting that BSD as above from time to time.
I have been around the hardware- checking connectors.
I have made various checks of the system via Amin tools and saved the various reports.
Thusfar noth obvious has showed up.

Any checking software reccommendations please or
advise if I post the reports here?

howard64 12:15 08 Mar 08

I assume you have installed sp2? have you installed the motherboard cd or updated info? I had this problem once when I had forgotten the mobo stuff when xp first appeared ok.

jack 14:01 08 Mar 08

SP2 is builtin on my version of XP
All the Mobo stuff is in that is relevant-
In looking through one of the reports I noticed that RAm [in 2x512's] is not a matching pair, but this has been the case for over a year - this seiries of event is new- as is the fact the at first Thunderbird would not install but kep crashing- whilst FireFox was OK.
No I have got Thunderbird in[by transferring it from the old drice] but FireFox that was Ok is now Crashing
All very strange.

brundle 14:02 08 Mar 08

Do a memory test; click here

woodchip 14:09 08 Mar 08

jack

This sound like a Memory Problem, but are you doing photo wofrk when you get BSOD. if so it may be graphics driver needs updating. you could also try in display settings move the slider down Settings\ Advaced\Troubleshoot

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:15 08 Mar 08

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

jack 09:55 09 Mar 08

Thank you all for your suggestions guys - now for brain ache.
Will report later.

jack 17:49 09 Mar 08

just a couple of niggles to sort.
Such the DVd burner in what ever guise - the Slide Show Routine or CD Burner XP Pro routine keeps telling me the disk in the tray is the wrong sort.
I burned OKay on Friday.
Ho Hum

jack 08:49 10 Mar 08

foloowing the sfc / scannow excersize yesterday
Onde BSD on start up with morning.
seems OK at the Moment 08-19

jack 13:59 10 Mar 08

Will do for now
Possible new prob -but will make a new post of it,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…