Reccomend Mobo

stef9000 18:09 01 Mar 03

hi all,

just fount out my mother board as short circuited thanks to some idiotic pc so called builders.

So can anyone recommend a really good mobo,
i do have to spend about 100 quid on one ive seen afew thats looks ok but just wondering if anyone knows of a bobby dazzler.
im looking for a socket a which will take upto a 2.4 proccesor, and at least 4 usb2.0 ports, 8x agp, and plenty of ddr memory.

all sugestions will be looked at.
if u can leave a link aswell makes my life much easier. :).

thanks stef

gingepaul 18:18 01 Mar 03

look for a nforce 2 chipset, i have seen them for about £80-£120.
they have 6 usb ports, fire wire, sata, support 333mhz fsb, 8xagp, 6 channel sound [and it is very good sound judging by all the reviews] and are really stable.

Djohn 18:21 01 Mar 03

Also go to the AMD web site and have a look for which M/boards they recommend. click here

Dicmay 20:02 01 Mar 03

I've just bought myself an Abit NF7-S mobo. Its an nforce2 chipset as suggested by Gingepaul.

A review of the mobo can be found here: click here

Other AMD socket A mobo reviews can be found here:
click here

stef9000 21:51 01 Mar 03

i like the look of the MSI k7n2(m5-6570) its got the Nvidia n Force2 spp got everything i want going to computer fair in the morning try my luck.

but if the a-bit nf7-s is there then i shall get that because of the quite cpu fan ;)

cheers

Giggle n' Bits 22:03 01 Mar 03

now returning this board for a second time.
Also in the same boat, looking for a different manufacturer for AMD re-build XP2200.

Will follow/watch this post with interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…