RECALL Sent messages in OE 6 ?

Furkin 16:56 22 Jun 09

Hi,
I have just learned that we are supposed to be able to 're-call' messages sent via e-mail.
I checked my system & can't see how to do this.
I know that some of you will think it's cos I'm still on IE6,,,, but the topic does come up within NHelp, where it states:
Click on MESSAGE > CANCEL MESSAGE.

Easy enough,,,, but I don't have the Cancel option.

I find it hard to believe that it's because it's version 6,,,,, as the HELP page was written before v7 & v8 etc.

Any ideas folks ?

Clapton is God 17:09 22 Jun 09

The help topic you're referring to is about cancelling posted messages in a newsroom, NOT about recalling e-mails.

The short answer is that OE doesn't allow you to recall e-mails

Furkin 17:28 22 Jun 09

Cheers CIG,

I sent an e-mail to someone this a.m,,,, and part of their 'Out of Office' notice is:

"Please recall your message if it will be out of date by the time of my return, by going to SENT ITEMS, Open the e-mail to be recalled, select ACTIONS and RECALL THIS MESSAGE, then OK."

Am I right in assuming that he is using other than OE ? (I guess your original reply already answers that eh ?)

Clapton is God 17:36 22 Jun 09

"Am I right in assuming that he is using other than OE ?"

Correct.

For what it's worth I also think it's a rather pompous Out of Office from the recipient. Ignore it!

Furkin 17:45 22 Jun 09

"For what it's worth I also think it's a rather pompous Out of Office from the recipient. Ignore it!"

,,,,newly formed local council,,,, of course they are OVERLY 'pompous' (very tactful !?). As usual the ignorant [email protected] ask for info, A,S,A,P,,,, then arn't there to receive it !

cheers mate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…