Rebooting Pc

swanny2 16:33 28 Oct 08

Now and again when i boot up as soon as the ,Updating personel settings shows up ,sometimes it stays there an me pc wont start,so i reboot again an as i say sometimes it starts up ok ,any ideas why please.
thanks

swanny2 23:08 28 Oct 08

The log in procedure is getting worse now just took me 6 attemts too get online.
When windows show the bit where u enter your password,after i click enter ,and the windows theme music starts,it then freezes. or sometimes it will take me too the desktop and freeze again.
Its goin too be soon that i wont be able too logg in soon. Hope some 1 can help please.
thanks

lotvic 23:24 28 Oct 08

Could be quite a few things. What are your system details?
Are your harddrives nearly full?
Are there a lot of programs loading at start up?

Do you have XP home, XP pro, Vista?

Not a solution but read this similar thread click here

swanny2 23:52 28 Oct 08

im on xp mate not drives arnt full
thanks

Pineman100 17:22 04 Nov 08

Can you get it to start in Safe Mode?

If so, then I suggest you do this, then run System Restore and roll the computer back to a date/time before the problem started.

swanny2 17:36 04 Nov 08

cheers . not tryed safe mode yet, but not had the problem for a few days , i will see how it goes.
thanks again .

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:05 07 Nov 08

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…