Reboot while loading WinXP

looking4help 14:58 18 Oct 06

Hi there

My mother's pc keeps rebooting endlessly while on the loading screen in windows xp with the blue bars. When it prompts to enter in safe mode or use previous configuration no matter what i chose it still reboots before entering the desktop. No error messages no nothing.

i've tried using this solution click here;en-us;310396&Product=winxp but when entering cd system32 it doesn't find anything. i don't wish to lose the data on the harddrives if possible. does anyone have a suggestion, plz?

appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:17 18 Oct 06

your link click here

Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

looking4help 16:56 18 Oct 06

thanks

i've done all that, at first it wouldn't give me the option to repair so i did that part in the link u gave me about bootcfg and the next time i tried the option to repair was there. all went normally. after the installation ended and it entered windows, the blue screen with the error stop 0x0000007 appeared. each time i restart the same error comes up whether i'm in safe mode or not.
any suggestions now?

looking4help 16:59 18 Oct 06

it's 0x0000007b everytime

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:05 18 Oct 06

does it say anything else after the stop 0x0000007?

non page pool

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP)

?

looking4help 17:08 18 Oct 06

after the stop 0x0000007b it reads (0xF7ABE640, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Is this helpful?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 18 Oct 06

Inaccessable boot device

hard drive failing? how old is machine?

loose ide cable.

Microsofts' help click here

looking4help 20:15 18 Oct 06

3 or 4 years old. i had a second hard drive in that pc so i installed windows there and was able to get what i needed from the original harddrive. now i can format it completely and use that hd as that pc's secondary hd.

tnx for all the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…