reboot my pc

woofwoofbark 00:39 05 Jun 03

Please help ... I have a virus on my comp and have been advised to reboot the system but i dunno how :s i have 3 recovery disks and a floppy .... my local comp shop say they will take £40 to do the work involved , is it complicated ? plus can anyone advise me on a good internet security/firewall , my comp knowledge is limited :o

Any advise would be most welcome

cheers

Despicable Desperado 00:50 05 Jun 03

What computer have you got?

woofwoofbark 01:03 05 Jun 03

intel celeron 1.3 , windows XP

woofwoofbark 08:15 05 Jun 03

I dunno what ive done but i seem to have erased the virus ... i went into the file the virus was in and mucked around with the properties , dont ask how/why ive done there then i dragged it to my desktop , but couldnt erase it because someone was using the file/program , anyways i was running a scan and noticed the file had dissapeared from the desktop , once the scan was complete , it didnt dedect the virus :p plus the virus alert doesnt pop up when i switch on the comp ..... hope this makes sence , i know about zero to nil about comps ..... can it be this easy ??????????

woofwoofbark 08:22 05 Jun 03

i should have written this above ........

Im running norton and it has sent a virus alert W32.Kwbot.C.Worm virus detected in a data file unable to delete this file access denied
When I tried to delete the file manually I got the same response also saying file being used by another person or program i even went to safe mode and followed the instructions from click here , like i say , i dunno what ive done but woo-hoo lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…