Reboot loses ISP setup

jjss 08:45 27 May 06

Hi Folks
I'm having to reinstall by ISP software settings via thier installation CD every time I reboot so that I can go on line. If I dont then when I log on I just get the the blank 'sever problem' type screen to which I'ave followed the various pieces of info relating to Internet options that that screen mentions

I have use system restore, I have also also restored the C drive via my back up image, (I use Drive Image 7)and now I've run out of thoughts on this problem.

I would appreciate your help in over coming this problem.

My o/s is XpSp2 fully updated. I use tesco.net Anytime dial up. A/v is AVG, Spyware is Spyware Blaster and Windows Defender (all fully updated)

Many thanks in antisipation for your help

bof:) 10:51 27 May 06

Hi jjss, have you checked out the tesco.net website? There is an instruction page for dial up internet connection settings. Check your settings against those on the site.

Thre is also a contact us email address have you tried this?

have you also queried your modem to check it is working ok? Control Panel/modem/

Mike

jjss 20:24 27 May 06

Thanks for your thoughts Mike. Sorry that's its taken so long to get back.

I did check out my modem by using a Wanadoo dial up account that I was on the brink of closing. Modem worked fine. I've also checked and checked again the dial up instructions on the tesco.net website.

I have since gone through a complete format/install of my o/s (hence my delay in responding) just incase some demo prog might have generated the problem.

I haven't tried the "Contact Us" on the tesco site yet, I've just come back up form down time.

Jack

bof:) 11:59 29 May 06

Hi Jack, have you right clicked the monitor icon in your taskbar (the 1 you get when trying to connect to the net) and tried the repair option?

It should give you a list that your pc works through and any problems it finds.

Also try the troubleshooting option.

Mike

bof:) 16:43 02 Jun 06

Hi jjss, how did you manage to solve your problem?

If you post a quick note on what you did, it may help others with the same/smilar trouble.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…