reboot on every error

pat2068 22:45 16 Feb 07

could someone please tell me how to turn of reboot on every error thanks leo

LastChip 22:51 16 Feb 07

Use the key required to enter your BIOS (often Delete) and you'll find the options in there.

pat2068 23:09 16 Feb 07

i have went into the BIOS but cannot find anything like reboot on every error any more help please leo

ed-0 23:20 16 Feb 07

Hi Leo, haven't seen you around for awhile.

Windows errors? Right click my computer > properties > advanced > startup and recovery> take the tick out of automatically restart. OK this.

post the BSOD message, if you get one.

gudgulf 23:20 16 Feb 07

Click on Start and right click My Computer.Select Properties and then click on Advanced>Start-up and Recovery>Settings.

Remove the tick from Automatically restart.

You computer should now give you a blue screen error on any error rather than restart.

woodchip 23:21 16 Feb 07

Not sure on this as I have never had any of those problems on XP. But do know that it's not a BIOS thing but a Windows thing. There is a setting that you can change so that it throws up the error message instead of just rebooting. Right click on My computer\Properties and have a look at the settings under the tabs. Cannot assist further as I am my 98se com

pat2068 23:25 16 Feb 07

thanks everybody for your help ed-0 i done what you said and it worked no probems thanks all leo

ed-0 23:29 16 Feb 07

gudgulf and woodchip were right on the money to.

where you been leo, we all miss you on the forums:-) Don't leave it to long next time.

woodchip 23:29 16 Feb 07

Who I was slow Typing, I must be ready for bed.

LastChip 00:00 17 Feb 07

I misinterpreted your question and thought you meant at boot-up time.

There is in fact an option in the BIOS that comes under "Halt On" and it can be set for; All Errors, No Errors, All but keyboard (normally the default) and a couple of others depending on the configuration.

Sorry if I mislead you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…