//some 3rd party need geo

Reason Why You Need Spybot&Adaware

DWANE PYPE 23:42 18 Apr 04

Spybot found this, has any body had it, and how did I get it?

Product: B3D Projector/ Brilliant Digital Entertainment/ Threat Stealth Network.

Functionality: Plays 3D online files, stealth P2P network.

URL: xxx brilliantdigital.com.

The BDE software contains technology that allow Brilliant Digital to turn every computer with BDE installed into a node of a Brilliant Controlled network, thus Brilliant could use your computer for distributed computing without your knowledge.

So any comments/answers!!

johnnyrocker 23:45 18 Apr 04

brilliant is generally associated with kazaa (probably the full version) and may not work if removed because it was part of t&c but hey if i am on the wrong track someone will undoubtedly tell me.

johnny.

cycoze 23:46 18 Apr 04

Some info found click here .

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:12 19 Apr 04

Lay off Kazaa ;-))) I think this advice has been given many times here.

G

johnnyrocker 00:16 19 Apr 04

a tad unkind i feel as brilliant and kazaa are intertwined and brilliant is in the process of a law suit because of it's practices and the poster may be a newbie unaware of info we already posess.

johnny.

Ironman556 00:20 19 Apr 04

Definately comes with p2p software, can't remember if it's kazaa or not.

DWANE PYPE 00:42 19 Apr 04

The thing that I can't work out, is, I've never been on kazaa, or any P2P sites, so how did I get it.

cycoze:

Thanks for that, it looks like I've got my work cut out if Spybot has not removed it completely, so will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks DW.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:42 19 Apr 04

It does belong with Kazaa and is installed with the 'media desktop'...... and I did put a winky in the previous thread.....:-))))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:46 19 Apr 04

It could come with other programmes although kazaa is usually numero uno culprit. It will not do any harm....'Privacy Issues: None known. The b3d Projector does not track URLs visited or any other user behavior. BDE collects aggregated statistics that show a variety of anonymous activities', and all attempts at the 'distributed computing system', have been sent down the Swanee. IMHO, like nearly all adware, nowt to fret about.

G

Ironman556 00:54 19 Apr 04

click here if not

I think the briliantdigital website had removal info on it. Search your hard drive and registry for the program & manufacturer if you can't find anything to remove it or manual instrauctions.

DWANE PYPE 01:04 19 Apr 04

Thanks every one, As I said I will Check it out tomorrow.

Ironman556:
Got Ad-aware will run that when I log off.

Regards DW.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…