Realtek and Windows 7

exdragon 12:04 18 Jun 10

Hi - I'm thinking of installing Windows 7 on my Acer Vista laptop. I've run the Upgrade Advisor Report and the only problem seems to be with Realtek HD Audio. The report says there's no compatibility info. about the device.

I'm always a bit dubious of doing things concerning sound, bit do I just pick a driver from somewhere?

I had a look at this, click here;pop, but although it says Vista/Win7 at the top, it describes the OS as Vista, and also lower down, says it's a maintenance release.

I'm confused...

gengiscant 12:35 18 Jun 10

I very much think that you will not have a problem with the sound,but your link should be fine if you do.This is from the realtek site.click here

bluesbrother 12:38 18 Jun 10

I am running Win 7 with Realtek integrated audio. The correct drivers were installed automatically.
If in doubt check out the Acer web site. click here You should find what you need there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…