Realtek audio problem

lhman 19:03 20 Mar 08

I have a Gigabyte GA-MS7 SLI - S4 motherboard, which has Realtek HD Audio sound built in. I have 5.1 speakers, and am having problems with the sound.
With media player and some other programmes there is no problem but on some others I can ony get sound if I switch to any of the reverb effect settings, not on any of the clean ones ie None,Living room etc. the ones that work are for example, stadium, bathroom etc
that is any one with echo, which is abit off putting.
Hope you can help

Jak_1 19:07 20 Mar 08

Sounds like it may have become corrupt, it could be worth re-istalling the driver to refresh things. If you can't find it on the pc then go to the realtec site and download from there and install.

Technotiger 19:14 20 Mar 08

I am pretty sure that on-board Realtek Audio does not support anything other than Stereo. For surround sound you really need to have a Sound Card installed.

woodchip 19:23 20 Mar 08

What is the sound you want to play? If it is CD or DVD look inside to check see if there is a sound cable from above drive to motherboard a thin wire

Woolwell 21:24 20 Mar 08

I have 5.1 speakers with Realtek onboard and pretty sure I have surround sound on the Realtek sound effect manager audio in/out you have to have 6ch speaker selected.

Do you have the latest drivers?

lhman 22:38 20 Mar 08

Thanks for quick reply people, the sound on the motherboard does support surround up to 8 speakers, that is working when there is sound. sound from cd & DVD's is ok, although I haven't got an audio lead plugged in.
Do you have to uninstall the old drivers to re-install updated one or the one on the motherboard disc, if so how?

Stuartli 23:55 20 Mar 08

>>I am pretty sure that on-board Realtek Audio does not support anything other than Stereo.>>

And I'm pretty sure that it does...:-)

In fact my straightforward, non-HD Realtek onboard sound supports surround sound...:-)))

In my case, with three sockets (line, mike and sound output), if you use surround sound speakers two of the sockets become two-way to allow surround sound.

Stuartli 23:56 20 Mar 08

Up to 5.1 in fact....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…