Realtek audio manager

jimmynugent86 16:37 21 Jun 09

Hey guys

Basically i just bought a new gigabyte board and i put all the software/drivers that came on the cd onto my comp. The only problem is that the the audio manager that came with it constantly has a pop up on my desktop that i cant get rid. Its there when i start up and even minimises games whilst im playing to remind me its there! :(

Theres no setting on the audio to switch off the popup and its not in my add/remove programs list

Anyone had the same issue??

Halmer 16:39 21 Jun 09

through Defender or msconfig?

Woolwell 17:26 21 Jun 09

What does the pop-up say?

Woolwell 17:40 21 Jun 09

It is possible that the pop-up is informing you that a headphone or audio cable is being connected/disconnected.

Try this to see if you get rid of your pop-up - Open Realtek Audio Manager - click on Information (bottom right) and in this window unselect "Display icon in notification area".

jimmynugent86 19:32 21 Jun 09

Yeh i looked in ms config, but theres nothing called realtek so i do know which ,if any, it is. As for clicking on the little 'i' this only brings up an option to have it in the system tray or not. If i deselect this the problem still persists. There is no 'Display icon in notification area'.

Theres also an option under the 'audio' tab that disables front panel detection which ive done and again the box just sits on my desktop!! grrr

Woolwell 22:14 21 Jun 09

Which OS?

jimmynugent86 22:41 21 Jun 09

XP (professional)

Woolwell 17:26 22 Jun 09

I think that the interface is probably different for Vista and XP.
What does the box say?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…