Realtek AC97 and SP3

crosstrainer 08:57 11 May 08

I have just discovered that my sound has ceased to function after SP3 install.

Have:

Uninstalled all old drivers
Downloaded the newest (version 4.04)

Downloaded and installed latest chipset drivers

Still no sound, although everything reports fine...no muted devices etc...Anyone else had this?

johnnyrocker 09:01 11 May 08

system restore to before? if ok try uninstall re install?

johnny.

crosstrainer 09:07 11 May 08

Tried it, seems that SP3 cocks up either the driver or the codecs. Before I make irrate phone call to Microsod (abuse of corporate 24/7 access really) anyone else got a workaround for this?

birdface 09:12 11 May 08

Try. Control Panel.Administrative Tools.services.Scroll down to windows audio and make sure it is set to automatic.

crosstrainer 09:13 11 May 08

Done that too! Stopped and stated the service, still no joy....aah the joys of Microsoft.

johnnyrocker 09:16 11 May 08

might be an idea to post what you have tried could result in more helpful advice?

johnny

crosstrainer 09:22 11 May 08

See Above, have tried everything....glancing around the web, it seems others are having the same problem.

birdface 09:36 11 May 08

Hi.I understand that the sound may get switched off in the Bios.I know nothing of this just something I read on an old thread.Maybe some one can advise you how to check out if this may be the problem.

charmingman 09:36 11 May 08

FUNNILY ENOUGH."crosstrainer" I formatted my pc the other day & included ALL the drivers including Realtek's Audio & SP3 & ive been tearing my hair out trying to find the reason WHY i CANT get no sound..?

It must be related to the SP3 as it worked b4...I am so glad i looked in here....anyone else had this problem..??

charmingman 09:40 11 May 08

& ive been having other issues like the Yellow update shield on the bottom of my desktop keeps telling me there's updates for IE7 but they WONT update & ive tried multiple amounts of times..theres a flaw with SP3 me thinks...

crosstrainer 09:41 11 May 08

Tried it!

charmingman: Yep, it's down to SP3 all right, thank god I didn't update my lappy...Hope somone has a workaround for this before I make a very nasty (corporate) based phone call to the "good ol boys" @ Microsoft, telling them they need lessons in coding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…