Realtek AC`97 High Definition Audio Codec

bikerbob 13:53 10 May 08

Having reinstalled Realtek HD Audio back onto my computer, although it installed into the installshield on Programme Files Realtek it does`nt install into the Control Panel and neither does it display the Realtek Audio Manager into the Notification Panel on the Taskbar, so am unable to setup any audio settings for 7.1 speakers. Can anyone offer any advice?
Have been trying all sorts of things over many days and getting nowhere!
Thanks

Woolwell 15:50 10 May 08

Is it listed under add/remove programs? It sounds as if it did not install correctly.

bikerbob 16:58 10 May 08

Yes it is, and have also tried installing/reinstalling loads of times all to no avail. Been onto google forums etc and tried different codecs but nothing has worked so far.
Thanks anyway

Stuartli 17:18 10 May 08

Do you have the correct Realtek drivers?

There are versions for Vista and for earlier Windows operating systems. See:

click here

bikerbob 17:48 10 May 08

Thanks Stuart, yes I have the motherboard CD which has the appropriate driver on, also downloaded some from majorgeeks and from realtek itself as well as gigabyte which supplied the motherboard, and nothing appears to work. It seems to install itself into C:/Program Files but does`nt provide anything else in the taskbar or control panel.
I`ve just had another go at majorgeeks but don`t hold out much hope!

Stuartli 21:22 10 May 08

Have you checked in Device Manager that the Device i.e. Realtek AC97 is Enabled from the drop down menu in Sound, video and game controllers (Properties>General tab)?

In the Programs Realtek folder you should be able to find the Sound Effects Manager as an .exe file (I have the standard, not HD, Realtek chipset); you could create a shortcut for it to the Desktop.

Worth checking as well from Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel that Realtek's onboard sound is the Default device as required.

Stuartli 21:40 10 May 08

..and also that AC 97/onboard sound is Enabled in the Bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…