Realtek AC'97 Audio update

burnlea 14:25 05 Aug 05

Microsoft automatic updates tells me that an update for Realtek AC'97 Audio is available for download and installation. When I say yes to everything, it goes through the installation process and then tells me that the installation was 'unsuccessful'. Any offers?

I'm running Windows XP SP2.

mjf85 14:28 05 Aug 05

I had the same update, but a different problem, the update I did worked fine but then my sound didnt work. I am only on SP1 due to a hatred of SP2. I think tbh you are better off without it and not to worry about it too much.

Joe R 14:34 05 Aug 05

you can download the latest WHQL drivers from here, but if your sound is working the way you want it to, is there any need to update.

click here

Stuartli 15:23 05 Aug 05

Windows Update's drivers section is usually behind the latest available from manufacturers' websites..:-)

David4637 13:47 06 Aug 05

Can you tell me what the update driver is for, my sound output is not very loud on my laptop speakers. Thanks David

Taff36 14:10 06 Aug 05

Post that question as a new subject and include the make and model of the laptop plus the operating system it is working on. It sounds like your master volume is set too low.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…