realtek ac97 audio and soft fax data moden

lisa_gedo 23:56 26 Feb 10

just done a factory reset as things seemed to be disappearing from my pc, during reset it told me the above had not passed windows logo test to work with XP or words to that effect, i've had the pc about 3 or 4 years now and have reset it many times but never had these messages before. When reset was complete i tried altering my visual settings (desktop, screensaver etc) but on appearance i usually change the taskbar to windows xp silver but now it doesn't appear to be there and i just have the old windows appearance. Do you think it may be my graphics card or memory? I know this is a bit evasive but the message wasn't repeated and i didn't write it down, any ideas. thanks

MarvintheAndroid 16:00 27 Feb 10

Not likely to be anything to do with your hardware. Have you installed the service packs ?

Marv

lisa_gedo 19:31 27 Feb 10

don't know what i did but everythings seams ok now !!! could be down to the updates...thanks e1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…