Realtek AC201 AC97 audio system

zarobian 17:22 09 Apr 05

"Advent 3415PC".

This PC was full of viruses and Trojens. By running the recovery disk with format option,it replaced all those pests from its Suspend to Restore partition. The mistake I made was the use of Fdisk which cleard the Non Dos Partion. Together with Viruses and trojens some of the drivers were lost too. Have downloaded and installed the majority of the drivers with exception of the Realtek on the MOBO.
Google took me to the sites where I could find the Realtek drivers but surprisingly could not start the download. I tried other sites with the same results.
Any idea please.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:37 09 Apr 05

click here have you tried this. They have the realtek AC97 drivers (free registration required) as I downloaded them last night.

G

zarobian 18:44 09 Apr 05

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)> for your quick response.
I did what you said but the drivers are sold on CD's and from America. I wish to download on the Internet.

Is it possible?

LastChip 19:05 09 Apr 05

and took a little time to sort out, but click here

Hope it helps.

zarobian 22:35 09 Apr 05

LastChip: Thank you very much for the link provided. I have now successfully downloaded the WinXP version. You were right about the confussion.

I shall try to install it on the Advent PC tomorrow morning and will let you know how it goes.
In the info file I find refrences to PCI card. But in my case it is integrated audio controller "Realtek ALC201 AC97 audio system" on the Motherboard!!! Hope it works.

Thanks again for your help.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:26 10 Apr 05

The drivers from driverguide can also be downloaded and are free....just choose 'to my hard drive' from the 2 options.

G

zarobian 12:13 10 Apr 05

I shall try to download the one you suggested. Armed with these downloaded programs I shall do the job this afternoon. I am burning these to CD. Thank you very much for the help.

Will post back on this.

zarobian 17:42 10 Apr 05

Thanks both of you. It did work. I have now happy student. Thanks again.

Z

zarobian 17:43 10 Apr 05

Well done friend. It did work. Thanks to you guys.

Z

LastChip 17:46 10 Apr 05

It's always nice to get a thank you and to know a problem is solved.

Can you tick the thread please, it saves others looking at the thread unnecessarily.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac