//some 3rd party need geo

Realsched.exe

nick_j007 12:08 29 Jul 03

I came across this peice of advice recently:

Recommendation :
If reading about RNDAL did not put you off, then read on. RealPlayer Classic used to be one of the most needed pieces of software on a PC. Its successor, RealOne Player, is vying for the title of the most hated piece of software. For a start, on many PCs EVNTSVC slows down boot-ups unacceptably, using up to 90% of CPU time at times. There have also been reports of EVNTSVC dropping advertising shortcuts onto the desktop during idle times. Next, if you try to disable EVNTSVC via Startup Manager or MSCONFIG, RealOne Player checks to see if it has been deleted from the Registry and re-instates it as a startup item ! To be fair, there is a facility within RealOne Player to "only perform automatic services while RealOne Player is in use". As stated in our write-up for RNDAL, our recommendation is to de-install RealOne Player and either use the classic RealPlayer, or something else such as WinAmp. If you absolutely want to keep RealOne Player, we suggest you rename EVNTSVC.EXE to EVNTSVC.EXE.OLD (or REALSCHED.EXE to REALSCHED.OLD) as that is the only way to make absolutely certain that it never runs, and RealOne Player works fine without it.

Sorry if long-winded there. Question is how do I change it from REALSCHED.EXE to REALSCHED.OLD please? Can't find anything like it in the prog's file.

Thanks all, Nick Jones

Jester2K II 12:10 29 Jul 03

Find the file and just right click it and select rename, then type in the new name.

nick_j007 12:12 29 Jul 03

Many thanks Jester, but I can't seem to find the bloomin' file!
Nick

livewire 13:49 29 Jul 03

Take a look in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB

nick_j007 14:01 29 Jul 03

Great! Found it, changed it!

Done.

hanks again Livewire.

Nick

livewire 14:07 29 Jul 03

Good don't forget to mark this thread as resolved!

Tj_El 14:11 29 Jul 03

...that's interesting... though I have a question (if you don't mind)....

How would you play *.ram sound bite files using WinAmp?

livewire 14:13 29 Jul 03

I don't think win amp plays Ram Files

livewire 14:15 29 Jul 03

if your looking for a ram player i do not know of any but you can try looking here;

click here

livewire 17:00 29 Jul 03

nick_j007

Where did you find this great advice?

nick_j007 17:12 29 Jul 03

click here

Go here and have a look at the link that says Task List. I went through my list for the processes as I didn't recognise a few of them, or knew what they were for. Very interesting for a on-going novice like me :-)

Cheers,

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…