RealPlayer and Opera.

Daibus 22:24 05 Aug 06

I cannot install BBC RealPlayer successfully into the Opera browser.

When I try to listen to a BBC radio station the page just freezes. There is no problem if I access RealPlayer from IE however.

I understand that a plugin may be necessary for the Opera browser.

Help appreciated.

rdave13 22:27 05 Aug 06

Newest version 9.01 click here

Daibus 22:34 05 Aug 06

Many thanks for your reply but I do have Opera version 9.01 installed.

What I was after was a plugin for Opera to make the BBC RealPlayer function correctly there.

Cheers again.

rdave13 22:42 05 Aug 06

Well remember to tick the UK small round box version near the top . Otherwise you'll get the message that the video is only for the UK.

Daibus 22:50 05 Aug 06

Thanks again but I am trying to listen to BBC radio staions with no video.

Probably my wording is not very clear and in IE there is no problem with access to the Player.

rdave13 22:57 05 Aug 06

Sorry to have misunderstood you. Suggest you minimize your browser and click on real player on your desktop, click tools, updates and download all the updates. You might have to reboot after. I do this once a month and keeps the player and windows happy. Have no problems with Opera and BBC news, audio or video.

beeuuem 23:31 05 Aug 06

This click here tells you which plugin you need and how to check/install it. You can D/L it from click here if it is not on your system.

rdave13 00:11 06 Aug 06

Correct and real player will do the same if you bother to update.

Daibus 08:14 06 Aug 06

Thanks again for your replies but I did transfer nppl3260.dll into plugins from within Opera but still no joy as the BBC page still freezes when I try to access any of the BBC radio stations from within Opera.

Strange!

dms05 08:59 06 Aug 06

I'm running Opera 9.1 and can run BBC Radio and Video without a problem and I specifically don't have Real Player on my laptop. I don't have a Plug In for Real Player, I've just checked.

Daibus 11:19 06 Aug 06

When you access most of the BBC radio stations I thought that you must have RealPlayer installed or at least RealAlternative, as these stations seem not to be accessable using WMP, for example.

What player is in us when you access these stations?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…