realplayer flashes on streaming video

hugh-265156 00:08 04 Mar 03

i have a radeon 9000 128mb card win.xp 1.8 p4.when i try to play streaming video(bbc news)i get what i can only describe as flashing coloured mosaic effetcs on the screen.if i stop the streaming video and restart(about 3/4 times)it will play ok.i have ntl 600k and have checked all my realplayer settings etc tried various drivers for my graphics card and did the uninstall/reinstall of realone.still the same.any ideas thanks.

rct 08:41 04 Mar 03

I had exactly the same problem with my Radeon 8500, eventually pinned it to the drivers. I got microsoft certified ones from the "Windows Update Catalog" where you select the product yourself and manually download the driver. The ones on this site are a lot smaller in size than the reference drivers from ATI. To get the link to the "Catalog" [catalogue... Americans!], go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com in Internet Explorer, click "Personalize Windows Update" and tick the "Display Windows Update Catalog" box.

Hope it works out for you.

hugh-265156 21:03 04 Mar 03

thanks rct.i think ive tried just about every driver goin.will check it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…