realplayer critical update

david.h 20:29 04 Jul 04

free version critical update version
now available

Pesala 23:28 04 Jul 04

rawprawn 08:42 05 Jul 04

Can you tell me what it is called, and what it is listed under. I can't find 880. Thankyou.

david.h 14:37 05 Jul 04

open realplayer - tools drop down list select check for updates - it will then automatically goto real web site- you tickthe box that says critical update - then follow screen instructions

rawprawn 14:45 05 Jul 04

Hi, thanks iI have done that, but I still can't see a Critical Update. On the left hand side I get a list of Real Player,Devices,Games, & Drivers There are several updates within all those for Help files plug in's etc, but I can't find anything labeled Critical Update. I am using Real Player 10. Any ideas, is yours a different version perhaps?

david.h 14:53 05 Jul 04

try clicking help drop down list - select about realplayer this will show which version you have [yours might have been auto updated] it you have a lesser version this has a button to click for check for updates- which should take you to the correct page for the download.

rawprawn 15:34 05 Jul 04

Mystery solved, I already have Version 10 Build 6-012-880, I have had it a while, so when you posted I thought it was a new update that I had missed. Sorry for the confusion.

Stuartli 17:33 05 Jul 04

The confusion arises because the actual critical security update - it applies to RealPlayer, RP v2 and RP10 - is only 67.9kb in size.

david.h has given the full RealPlayer Gold 10 version number, hence the panic..:-)

Go to RP's Tools>Check for Update>Select the June 2004 Security Update>Install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…