RealPlayer

Kaacee 13:48 17 Jun 07

I installed this media player about 4 weeks ago but found the pop ups to purchase the paid for version rather intrusive so i uninstalled, the problem now is that every time i log on to my PC i get a message asking if i want to install it again.

Can anyone suggest a way to stop this please.

Technotiger 13:50 17 Jun 07

Hi, run CCleaner click here this should clear out any left-overs. Run it in its default mode i.e. just as it opens.

Kaacee 14:36 17 Jun 07

Ran CCleaner Technotiger, but without success RealPlayer still aske to be install !!!!!

Thank you anyway

Technotiger 14:39 17 Jun 07

OK - in CCleaner click on Tools (on the left) and then see if there are any traces of Real Player in the Uninstall option.

Failing that, try a System Restore back to before you installed Real Player.

Kaacee 14:44 17 Jun 07

'fraid not Technotiger, basically, thats just a mirror image of the add/remove programs in control panel, no reference to RealPlayer

Kaacee 21:23 17 Jun 07

The reason it defaults to this popup is because it is part ot the AOL software and the only way to avoid it is either to uninstall and reinstall AOL or install RealPlayer.....i have chosen the second option whilst not happy about it i suppose i can just leave dormant in the background.

Will show as resolved

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…