RealOnePlayer confusion

Dasmad 23:41 11 Sep 03

is there any way of running Real0neplayer under Win98SE which will not interfere with other operations.....?
every time it starts, whether by request or its own desire, it causes an entry in the startup folder which runs realsched.exe, which then causes many other difficulties - slow operations and non-responses - until the entry is removed and the pc restarted

Stuartli 23:57 11 Sep 03

The secret lies in configuring RealPlayer One to do exactly as YOU want - the defaults are all in real.com's favour.

It's a similar story with QuickTime Player.

hugh-265156 00:01 12 Sep 03

its best to disable realsched.exe from running at start up.it is realplayer updates(pop ups).

in xp its disabled via: start/run then type msconfig and click ok.click start up then untick realsched.exe,click ok and restart the computer.
realplayer will still work ok,just no annoying pop ups.

not sure about realsched causing programs running slow though,realplayer,i know does cause problems for some.

Stuartli 00:07 12 Sep 03

Dasmad clearly refers to Win98SE.....

snoresloudly 09:09 12 Sep 03

uninstall it and use jetaudio instead,click here I had loads of trouble with realplayer its a nightmare to configure and kept on crashing my system, caused no end of trouble. same with media player, everytime tryed to play a clip it froze.

since using jetaudio no problems what so ever,also burns cd's/rips and has got a radio tuner, you can even (if you desire) use it to set up your own internet radio station!! and its free

Dasmad 07:27 14 Sep 03

thanks for the comments.
yes it's 98SE and I've tried unticking realsched.exe, but it puts it back in each time I listen to radio online......?
I might just try jetaudio.....!

Wak 09:26 14 Sep 03

If you have a firewall (like Sygate) try blocking the RealNetworks Event Launcher as that deals with Updates.

SEASHANTY 11:22 14 Sep 03

Yes stop it with the firewall setup. That's how I stop Real Player constantly accessing the net (not to mention slowing down your other pages by hi-jacking bandwidth.

Jester2K II 11:30 14 Sep 03

rename REALEVENT.EXE to REALEVENT.OLD ? RealOne Player works fine without it

Jester2K II 11:30 14 Sep 03

rename REALEVENT.EXE to REALEVENT.OLD ? RealOne Player works fine without it.

Stops it comes back in the start up

Jester2K II 11:32 14 Sep 03

Sorry thats

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

to

realschedOLD.exe

Worked for me...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…