RealOnePlayer is awful !

Tinkey Winkey 19:51 30 Nov 03

Is it just me or is RealOne Player the most unstable crash-crazy ,file losing application out there ?
I've been using it over the past year and have tried updating/uninstalling & reinstalling from different sources and it still likes to play silly beggers.

I've got a new RealOnePlayer version on the
cd-rom which came with my new graphics card so I'm going to try that.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS- what's the best way to reinstall ? Some apps you can just install over the existing version ,others need the previous version removing first ?

What's best, or doesn't it really matter ?
I would also like to know if anyone else has RealOnePlayer instability problems ?

Chegs ® 20:04 30 Nov 03

Its just about the worst form of media player I have ever tried,the newer version is even worse than previous versions! As its only for playback of streamed radio on my system,I found a plugin with the neccessary codecs to allow this WITHOUT RealPlayer.Its a little app called Real Alternative,and its also got the right codecs for Opera browser,which RealPlayers never ever worked.Get it from here click here

Diodorus Siculus 20:07 30 Nov 03

Best thing is to uninstall it, run a reg cleaner and, if you feel up to it, manually remove all reference from the registry.

Then install the RealOne Basic player.

Make sure that your machine is up to date with relevant Windows updates: they seem to have a bearing on RealPlayer.

Sturmey 20:20 30 Nov 03

I use Jet audio it plays real audio format.

Diodorus Siculus 20:22 30 Nov 03

Sturmey - will JetAudio run streaming audio from, for example, the BBC site? Does it need RealPlayer to be installed?

Thanks for that.

john-232317 20:24 30 Nov 03

Try this its much better.

click here

john-232317 20:25 30 Nov 03

Yes it does

john-232317 20:26 30 Nov 03

No its instead of realcrapplayer

Diodorus Siculus 20:37 30 Nov 03

Good to know that; I will give it a try.

Chegs ® 20:39 30 Nov 03

JetAudio = 17mb d/l

RealAlt = 4.1mb d/l

I know which I would choose. :-)

It also plays BBC media.

Sturmey 21:07 30 Nov 03

Yes jet audio will run streaming audio from the bbc site but not in the bbc radio player I use the windows media player option for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…