RealOne Player flickering

No matter which web site I go to, when I click on a link to a .ram file, RealOne Player starts up, but the image is always flickering.

By this I mean that it keeps swapping between the video image and then a black empty image. This happens about 3-4 times a second.

Any ideas what is casuing this and how I fix it?

I am using Windows 2000 (at work) and a 2 Mb internet link.

Am I the only one who is having this problem?

pj123 15:03 18 Nov 03

Don't panic. Most of us have to go to work during the day, so give us a chance to look at your problem and come up with an answer.

I wasn't panicing. :)

I guess everybody is just getting used to the speedy responses that we usually get.

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling RealOne Player (free version), but this made no difference.

I have Irfanview installed, but even with all the plugins this wont play .ram files.

^^^^^

pj123 13:27 19 Nov 03

I had a big problem with Real Player, it is now uninstalled and I use JetAudio (free) from click here give it a try. Uninstall Real player first.

pj123 13:32 19 Nov 03

Sorry, should also have said once you have Jetaudio running you need to go to Preferences, File Associations and click on Select All and then Update. It should now play .ram .ra and .rmi files. Works perfectly on my computer, unless you have Outpost firewall running which doesn't like JetAudio. I have now switched to ZoneAlarm firewall and I now have no problems.

Thanks for your reply.

Did as you suggested. Removed RealOne Player, then downloaded and installed JetAdmin. I also made sure that .ram files were selected in preferences.

Went to the BBC web site and clicked on one of the video links. Exactly the same thing happens. The image is constantly flickering as in RealOne Player ????

We have a fast internet link at work, and I dont get this problem with any other type of video file.

Any ideas.

Sorry, that should be JetAudio, not Jetadmin. Oops.

pj123 15:14 19 Nov 03

Give me a link to the BBC website that you are using and I will try it for you.

Just go to click here and you'll see the links to the videos half way down the page in the right-hand column. Clicking on any of these has the same effect.

I use RealOne Player at home and everything works from there. The PC at home is more powerful and runs XP Home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…