RealOne player and AOL 8.0 conflict on Broadband.

Swampy 13:21 03 Nov 03

Help please! Alright, I know we are talking about AOL but perhaps someone has the answer. If I play video files in AOL with Real Player (the old version) installed, everything is fine. With the newer version (RealOne) installed AOL just crashes when trying to view videos. I've tried turning off AOLs own player but it still crashes. The old version of Real Player is no longer supported and so I really need to use the newer version.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

The Sack 13:55 03 Nov 03

Try to reinstall Real One, AOL or the whole lot, the chances are it is Real One at fault. People say AOL takes over your PC but Real One is a joke and it tries to become the default player for just about every file extention i have ever heard of, trouble is AOL wont work without some kind of real player on it.

petersmyth1 14:09 03 Nov 03

Scrap Real One there are many alternatives. Real One is full of Spyware. I'd also scrap AOL but that's a different topic. :-)....Peter

Chegs ? 14:34 03 Nov 03

click here

Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install the official RealPlayer.

Swampy 14:34 03 Nov 03

I've tried un-installing and re-installing both RealOne and AOL and the same thing happens.
If I scrap RealOne, what should I use instead that would read 'Real' files?
Thanks for the reponses so far.

Swampy 14:36 03 Nov 03

Thanks Chegs. You just beat me to it with your response!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…