RealOne has hijacked my audio

Trikie 15:34 14 Sep 03

I downloaded RealOne so as to be able to play BBC programmes.

Now when I put an audio CD in I get RealOne up. Trouble is its format is .rmj, and when i try to use Nero 5.0 to burn selected tracks nero does not recognise .rmj.

I have the Audio Converter program but this does not include .rmj.

How can I get back to XP's audio?

mikef. 15:48 14 Sep 03

Open up Real player/ Tools /Preferences/ Content/ Media player and take the ticks out of the relevant boxes.

I would then go to media player and make sure that it is then selected to play your CD's.

howard60 15:49 14 Sep 03

when you loaded real one it asked if it could be the default handler you should have taken the tick out of the audio cd box. you need to find associations and then clear real one from the audio. I will look it up.

keith-236785 16:14 14 Sep 03

GET RID OF REAL PLAYER

apart from Freeserve it is the most intrusive program i have ever encountered. I do not like programs that have default settings which take over EVERY aspect of entertainment on my computer.

just my personal opinion.

Trikie 16:30 14 Sep 03

Thanks mikef- I think I've done it.

paperman27 - as a new computer user I have been warned off AOL in no uncertain terms but Freeserve and RealOne I hadn't heard about. If I get rid if Realone what else can I use for the BBC replays?

SOFTWARE SID 16:37 14 Sep 03

There's nothing wrong with Real One per se - it just needs to be told who's boss! As you've discovered, Real One, and other similar players, need careful configuration as they have a tendency to take over all your audio and video types. However, if you want to take advantage of all the streaming media that's out there you'll probably need at least Real and WMP, plus Winamp (my personal favourite for MP3 playback) and arguably Quick Time.

leo49 16:37 14 Sep 03
  Chegs ® 16:43 14 Sep 03

I gave up using RealOne,even if I cfg'ed it to "Only contact the outside world when its in use" it STILL took over my system.I now use RealAlt,it has an Opera plugin (that works) and never asks to breach my firewall.Get it here Its in the column on the left.click here

Valvegrid 16:44 14 Sep 03

RealOne play is fine, but it needs a firm hand, you have to tell it who's boss. When you install it make sure you spend a little time going through all the preferences to configure it how YOU want it to work, not how it thinks it should work.

It sits in the backgroud for me now behaving itself.

Paul.

Valvegrid 16:46 14 Sep 03

I think we're reading each other minds! :-)

pj123 16:59 14 Sep 03

RealOne is a "real" pain. I took it off my computer and now use JetAudio from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…