Realone and cd rom

cazkenton2003 14:44 21 Nov 03

Am running 98se.Had sound through the rom drive when playing cd's.Now have installed Realone player and have no sound at all! I get all the windows sounds and messenger sounds but no music at all,not even from the cd-rom.My speakers are plugged in and my drivers are up to date,volume is turned up.The cd plays but no sound.
Can anyone help me with this?

©®@$? 14:51 21 Nov 03

check the volume setting for the cd rom

see the little speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner

double click it

you shoud see a few sliders, look for cd audio, if you can see it make sure its turned all the way up and not muted, if you cannot see it

click options/properties make sure playback is selected

scroll down to cd audio and place a tick next to it

press ok, now you should see cd audio

cazkenton2003 14:57 21 Nov 03

Checked all that yesterday.CD audio is all configured properly.It worked properly 2 days ago until the installation of the realone player.Would it be worth my while to uninstall the player and just keep the CD?
Realone has taken over the priority of playing cd's but i don't get any sound with that either.The light flashes on the ROM and the seconds tick by so I know the disc is being played.

The Idle one 15:03 21 Nov 03

Be VERY wary of Real player - FULL of spyware & redirects : Wouldnt use it unless only means of playing - usually windows will play it if you alter the rm filetype to something else ( not foolproof)

©®@$? 15:03 21 Nov 03

that was my next point try and associate windows media player with playing audio cd's

open media player/tools/options/file types

and tick the box for cd audio track

could always do the same for real player but i dont know the path for real player..

pj123 15:07 21 Nov 03

I agree totally with The Idle one. I have uninstalled RealOne and now use JetAudio from click here Preferences can be set to play all audio files.

cazkenton2003 17:24 21 Nov 03

OK guys

Have uninstalled the Realone and Quicktime players (just to make sure!) Windows media player needs upgrading but the windows cd player STILL doesn't work!.Well it does work,it does everything it's supposed to do but still got no sound.
Spoeakers are fine,sound card is fine (have checked drivers).No spec has changed at all.The sound card is brand new,put it in about 4 months ago.
Got all the windows beeps,ticks and wave sounds on net and browsing windows,just no blasted music!

©®@$? 19:32 21 Nov 03

have you checked the speaker cable from the cd rom to the sound card..

maybe it has come loose, but that wld be a great co-incedence wouldn't it

Epirb406 19:41 21 Nov 03

I say.

(love it)

Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…