Real/NTI CD burning problems after Bios flash

Faser 03:19 16 Nov 03

Win XP, AMD Athlon, 512 ram, MSI/nVidia board, Samsung CD/RW.
I have flash upgraded the Bios. (Had to re-activate windows as well).
All seems ok except I can no longer use Real One Player or NTI CD-Maker to burn cds.
When the Cd burner starts writing to the disc the program freezes and the only way to stop the writer is to re-boot.
I have had the problem before but cannot remember how I fixed it. I loaded an old version of Disc Juggler burning software and this works fine!
I cannot find any errors and have tried changing settings and re-installing the software. Also I have updated the Samsung software.
The Cds are 3 different brands and out of the same batches I have used before.
Has anyone any ideas?

hugh-265156 03:24 16 Nov 03

what speed are you burning at and does the cdr media support that speed?

have you tried lowering the burn speed?

try uninstalling the cdrw drive in device manager

right click it/uninstall

restart the computer and windows will find it again and reload the driver for it.had to do this myself once or twice and it worked ok afterwards.

gudgulf 04:00 16 Nov 03

Real one player can be a right pain in the **se-----I use it myself.

when you need to reinstall it---and a good many
other programs too,its a good idea to do a file search for any left over files and delete those manually.

Its amazing just how much rubbish is left after an uninstall!

In my experience a lot lot of problems live in the files that are left and these are not overwritten when you reinstall so problems remain.

You could try that with CD-maker too.

hugh-265156 04:07 16 Nov 03

the very best burning software available click here fully functional trial.

Faser 12:52 16 Nov 03

You were right there was loads of rubbish left behind, tried ALL your suggestions, and removed the registry entries.
Still no joy took nearly an hour to write 1 track and then froze again
The suggested burning software seems excellent, although I have only burned one disc a CD-RW (Got a huge pile of CD-R coasters) it took under 6 minuets from start to finish!
Probably purchase it unless someone can come up with any other ideas, although I will be buying a lot of facilities I will never use.
Many thanks for your help.

gudgulf 21:24 16 Nov 03

I agree ,I use nero 5 but it is very tempting in this instance to splash out on an upgrade!

Faser 19:21 23 Nov 03

RealOne/MSI burner now working.
One of the many things I tried was to disabled the Norton Anti-virus or so I thought, I had actually disabled the Firewall.
With the anti-virus temp disabled everything works really well. I cannot believe how much time I have wasted on this or how I could be so stupid!
The problem now is I like the Nero trial I have downloaded and will have to decide do I pay to keep it.
Thanks for your help guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…