Really Wierd Outlook Express Problem

DieSse 16:09 26 Jul 03

Win98 Original + OE Ver6. Was all working fine.

Now, when composing a nes email, all the typing into the various fields is fine, EXCEPT the Subject line.

As a subjct is typed, the cursor lags slightly behind the characters - getting further behind - up to 6 or 7 characters - until about three quarters of the way across, when it jumps back to it's rightful place. It's not slow to catch up - just appears in the wrong place. When trying to delete, the cursor stays in it's incorrect position, just as when entering.

Have reloaded OEV6 - nothing else appears wrong, a new message in Outlook works correctly. I've checked fonts etc etc - but as it's not life -threatening, had to give up on it for now.

Any ideas??

menorcarob2 16:21 26 Jul 03

have you av software and is it up to date try a scan

DieSse 16:40 26 Jul 03

Yes we do, yes it is up to date, and no we don't have a virus.

menorcarob2 16:43 26 Jul 03

try reinstalling oe

bvw in bristol 16:49 26 Jul 03

Is there a Type and Speak programme loaded which may cause such a problem?

DieSse 17:26 26 Jul 03

menorcarob2 --- Have done so, as I said.

bvw in bristol --- Don't know - will check - tho' definately not done since it was working. Thanks.

menorcarob2 17:34 26 Jul 03

must learn to read

beeuuem 18:37 26 Jul 03

I have a similar problem with OE6 and 98SE. When typing the message the cursor advances a space as each word is typed until it is some 6 places in front of the actual text. Not a major problem unless you make typos and need to delete, when you have to guess what will be deleted.
Will watch all suggestions to see if a solution is offered to DieSse which might work for me.

DieSse 18:24 29 Jul 03

Just a small uodate.

The problem happens up until the 65th character in the Subject line, then the curson jumps to the correct place.

Checked for speech generation and recognition siftware - but none installed.

Any more pointers anybody - pretty please - otherwise it's back to brute force (reinstall Windows) - but i'd like to know what it is anyway.

bvw in bristol 19:46 29 Jul 03

We had this before here, 12 or 18 months ago?, trying to remember :o(

spikeychris 19:56 29 Jul 03

are you using 8 pt Sans

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…