Really Weird Problem

2Xtreme_lives 13:52 27 Jan 07

Hi,
I have never seen anything like this in my life. Fr some reason, in the morning (6am-12am) file sharing programs such as Limewire and bittorrent work fine, but at any other times they do not work. I have tried many different files and they all back up my theory. I do not change any settings, what the heck is going on?
Kind Regards

Ben 216 13:56 27 Jan 07

Could it be your ISP limiting P2P traffic in peak hours?

2Xtreme_lives 14:04 27 Jan 07

thats what i thought, are they allowed to do that? can i ask them to allow it?

Kate B 14:59 27 Jan 07

Yes, they're allowed to do that. You can of course ask them not to but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Ben 216 17:31 27 Jan 07

Although slightly different I think it comes under something like a 'fair use policy' - which means if you're a heavy bandwidth user constantly (even if you're downloading freeware etc.) they're allowed to reduce your bandwidth to retain some for other users.

Your ISP may have put a block on everyone using P2P during those times, not just you.

If you want to use a lot of bandwidth between those times your only real option is to look for another ISP, but it's getting increasingly harder to find one who won't limit bandwidth at the moment.

It should be interesting to see what happens when TV streaming etc. starts to pick up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…