A Really Slow Computer?

shingar 08:18 08 Aug 06

My computer is really slow at the moment. I don't know whether its the computer or the internet. I use Boardband and it feels more like dial up. Can anyone suggest in how I fix this. I have Windows ME and I have tried virus scans etc. I'm really pulling my hair out with it.

strech 08:30 08 Aug 06

click here
try this

Graham. 08:36 08 Aug 06

Do you have Desktop Search program?

Andsome 08:41 08 Aug 06

I agree with strech, Crap Cleaner will shift so much old dross you won't believe it. One tiny warning though. After installing it, visit all the sites where you normally need a password, open them up and then close down. After you have visited them all, open Crap Cleaner and go to OPTIONS/COOKIES. There will be two small windows. All the sites that you have visited will have put a cookie in the left window. Drag these across to the right hand window. After you use the cleaner, you will not then have to re-log on at all your favourite sites, because their cookies will not have been removed. Go ahead, it's great program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…