Really Sensitive Mouse Button

antony.dandrea 19:19 PM 13 Apr 11

I own a Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC.

Recently, the mousepad left click has been really sensitive. What I mean is, I barely need to touch the button and it registers a "click" without even pressing it.

You can imagine how annoying this can get. Sometimes, I click and it registers a "double-click" or even more!

Now I have tried fiddling around with the settings and it makes no difference. This is purely a hardware issue. Plus when I use a different mouse via USB port, the settings are fine.

I just wondered what on Earth could cause this and if there is anyway to fix it. I am scared to take the button off cos it is quite firmly fixed. It has been going on for a while and I have kind of accepted that I will always need an extra mouse, but I have been thinking, why? Why is this happening.

Thanks for your help.

lotvic 01:05 AM 14 Apr 11

I put Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC over sensitive mousepad into google and it seems to be a known issue with them, so you are not the only one.

antony.dandrea 07:02 AM 14 Apr 11

Funnily enough this forum post was the top result!

antony.dandrea 07:04 AM 14 Apr 11

Also, it only brings up results about the touch pad.....that isn't my problem. My problem is that the LEFT BUTTON is too sensitive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED