Really odd default gateway issue

cymonguk 21:23 03 Jan 06

OK i have tried various things without success

My laptop has two network connections, my wired connection to the netgear d824 works fine (hence the posts).

However my wireless connection has stopped working since i upgraded the firmware to a new version. This resulted in the router switching off the wap (??) which i had to switch on using my wire connection.

OK so I have tried various thins such as rebooting, reinstalling wireless adapter, etc.

THe problem is that the wireless adapter actually connects to the network gets a dhcp address, and then when you try to use it it just wont find the network.

Having looked at the network with a packet sniffer it appears that it cannot find the default gateway even though this is in the ipconfig settings!

When I even try to get to the router on its address the sniffer shows that the pc tries to get out to the dns to find out where the address of the router is?

What is going on, why wont the pc see that the router is on the same network???

recap 15:22 04 Jan 06

Is your firewall blocking it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…